DAY ONE: 10 Bible Verses Applicable In most of Our Lives

In this article, I have selected various scriptures dealing with life's different circumstances. I have included the books and selected specific verses for quick reference.

Hope it's a blessing

  1. WHEN TEMPTED TO DO WRONG MATHEW 4 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become loaves of bread.” The devil said to him, “I will give you all this if you will bow down and worship me.” Jesus said to him, “Go away, Satan! Scripture says, ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve only him.’ ” Then the devil left him, and angels came to take care of him. Matthew 4:3‭, ‬9‭-‬11.
  2. WHEN THERE IS PHYSICAL DANGER ACTS 27 We had lost so much time that the day of fasting had already passed. Sailing was now dangerous, so Paul advised them, “Men, we’re going to face a disaster and heavy losses on this voyage. This disaster will cause damage to the cargo and the ship, and it will affect our lives.” However, the officer was persuaded by what the pilot and the owner of the ship said and not by what Paul said. When a gentle breeze began to blow from the south, the men thought their plan would work. They raised the anchor and sailed close to the shore of Crete. For several days,s we couldn’t see the sun or the stars. The storm wouldn’t let up. It was so severe that we finally began to lose any hope of coming out of it alive. Since hardly anyone wanted to eat, Paul stood among them and said, “Men, you should have followed my advice not to sail from Crete. You would have avoided this disaster and loss. Now I advise you to have courage. No one will lose his life. Only the ship will be destroyed. I know this because an angel from the God to whom I belong and whom I serve stood by me last night. (There were 276 of us on the ship.) They struck a sandbar in the water and ran the ship aground. The front of the ship stuck and couldn’t be moved, while the back of the ship was broken to pieces by the force of the waves. Then he ordered the rest to follow on planks or some other pieces of wood from the ship. In this way,y everyone got to shore safely. Acts 27:9‭-‬11‭, ‬13‭, ‬20‭-‬23‭, ‬37‭, ‬41‭, ‬44
  3. WHEN NOTHING SEEM TO BE GOING RIGHT PSALMS 37 Do not be preoccupied with evildoers. Do not envy those who do wicked things. They will quickly dry up like grass and wither away like green plants. Trust the Lord, and do good things. Live in the land, and practice being faithful. Psalms 37:1‭-‬3
  4. WHEN YOU SIN 1 JOHN 1 If we say, “We aren’t sinful” we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us. God is faithful and reliable. If we confess our sins, he forgives them and cleanses us from everything we’ve done wrong. If we say, “We have never sinned,” we turn God into a liar and his Word is not in us. 1 John 1:8‭-‬10
  5. WHEN YOU NEED FORGIVENESS PSALMS 51 Pity me, O God, in keeping with your mercy. In keeping with your unlimited compassion, wipe out my rebellious acts. Indeed, I was born guilty. I was a sinner when my mother conceived me. Purify me from sin with hyssop, and I will be clean. Wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Psalms 51:1‭, ‬5‭, ‬7
  6. WHEN YOU ARE FEELING SHAME PROVERBS 28 Whoever covers over his sins does not prosper. Whoever confesses and abandons them receives compassion. Proverbs 28:13
  7. WHEN FRIENDS SEEMS TO GO BACK ON YOU PSALMS 55 If an enemy had insulted me, then I could bear it. If someone who hated me had attacked me, then I could hide from him. But it is you, my equal, my best friend, one I knew so well! God will listen. The one who has sat enthroned from the beginning will deal with them. Selah They never change. They never fear God. My best friend has betrayed his friends. He has broken his solemn promise. His speech is smoother than butter, but there is war in his heart. His words are more soothing than oil, but they are like swords ready to attack. But you, O God, will throw ⌞wicked people⌟ into the deepest pit. Bloodthirsty and deceitful people will not live out half their days. But I will trust you. Psalms 55:12‭-‬13‭, ‬19‭-‬21‭, ‬23
  8. WHEN YOU LOSE A LOVED ONE 1 THESSALONIANS 4 Brothers and sisters, we don’t want you to be ignorant about those who have died. We don’t want you to grieve like other people who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and came back to life. We also believe that, through Jesus, God will bring back those who have died. They will come back with Jesus. We are telling you what the Lord taught. We who are still alive when the Lord comes will not go into his kingdom ahead of those who have already died. The Lord will come from heaven with a command, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the dead who believed in Christ will come back to life. Then, together with them, we who are still alive will be taken in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. In this way, we will always be with the Lord. So then, comfort each other with these words! 1 Thessalonians 4:13‭-‬18 WHEN YOU ARE AFRAID OF DEATH PSALMS 23
  9. The Lord is my shepherd. I am never in need. Even though I walk through the dark valley of death, because you are with me, I fear no harm. Your rod and your staff give me courage. You prepare a banquet for me while my enemies watch. You anoint my head with oil. My cup overflows. Certainly, goodness and mercy will stay close to me all the days of my life, and I will remain in the Lord’s house for days without end. Psalms 23:1‭, ‬4‭-‬6
  10. WHEN YOU WANT TO TAKE REVENGE ROMANS 12 Don’t take revenge, dear friends. Instead, let God’s anger take care of it. After all, Scripture says, “I alone have the right to take revenge. I will pay back, says the Lord.” But, “If your enemy is hungry, feed him. If he is thirsty, give him a drink. If you do this, you will make him feel guilty and ashamed.” Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil with good. Romans 12:19‭-‬21

Thanks

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Close Menu